Stay Cable Supported Bridge Design Expert
Transport is one of Ramboll’s core businesses and the spearhead services within the Transport Division globally include, bridges, ports, rail, tunnels, infrastructure asset management, and ground engineering.
From January 2018 the spearhead - Major Crossing has started its operation with focus to establish the operational model, leverage competencies and resources across countries through increased collaboration, and with our combined strength win together. Major Crossing business across India got impetus in year 2018 and presently carrying out major infrastructure projects in Mumbai ie Mumbai Trans Harbor Link Package-II & Mumbai Coastal Road Package -I .
As a senior leader and high profile expert, the Cable Stay Bridge Specialist will provide capability and capacity to deliver the assignments of extradosed/cable stay bridges to meet the intended aspiration of Major Crossing Spearhead.
The Cable Stay Bridge Specialist, would be responsible for leading, planning, staffing and exploring business in area of stay cable structures. The incumbent may additionally serve as the Project manager for specific projects.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The Position would be responsible for:
- Provide leadership based on the Ramboll Values and the Ramboll Leadership Profile.
- Provide technical leadership and build small competent team in specific area of bridges, promote best practices and knowledge sharing across the team.
- Explore business in Cable stay & extradosed bridges by show casing Ramboll strength in delivering similar projects
- Ensure efficient use of resources, balancing quality with total cost of delivery.
- Create a client focus attitude.
- Select, mentor, and develop hard core Technical Team of key specialists, and, provide leadership and guidance.
- Display empathy and basic managerial and leadership skills.
- Take responsibility for attracting, motivating, rewarding, training and harnessing the skill of junior staff in this area of bridges.
- Engage and empower team members and provide coaching and developmental opportunities.
Operational and Profitable performance
- Ensure delivery of projects on time, scope and quality expectations - secure short term and long term profitable performance plan in similar assignments.
- Effectively and efficiently undertake Project, including commercial, managerial and technical aspects for assignment.
- Take an active role in supporting business development activities including development of Client relationships and giving presentation to prospective client showcasing individual capabilities as specialist and Ramboll’s capacity to do such assignments.
- Ensure technical quality of departmental output and billing ratio.
- Chalk out strategy to recruit highly capable junior experts and ensure their retention by creating highly technical environment.
- Training and development of team members covering areas in use of software for design of stay cable bridges.
- Manage key client relationships.
- Provide bid assistance on specific similar opportunities.
Partnering and relations
- Through own involvement as well as by encouraging staff members ensure close relations with all stakeholders.
- Represent the business with particular responsibility to develop and maintain good relations with customers and partners. Ensure high level of client satisfaction
- Take responsibility for developing a knowledge sharing culture in the Department.
- Fulfil the role of technical lead, and/or project manager and be the role model for the team.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of technical standards and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Review projects against the company processes and client requirements, resolve client and project issues.
- Development and maintenance of high level of design competency within the team in consultation with country business units.
- Inculcate a culture of internal technical reviews to ensure design quality.
- Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards.
- Quality Assurance – responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the quality assurance system relevant to the Project.
Experience and background
- Seasoned professional having 10+ years of ‘hard core experience in design of cable stay & extradosed bridges with expertise into project development, design, project management etc.
- Bachelor’s/Master Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Experience of working in design, programme management, project delivery or engineering roles in a consulting engineering environment will be considered advantageous.
- Detailed design experience in design of minimum one cable stay or two extradosed bridges in particular and should have background in Structure design of bridges only.
- Knowledge of international codes and standards such as Euro codes, ASSHTO, Model Code & BS codes etc.
- Extensive working knowledge of IRC codes and guidelines & Design Manual for Bridges. The candidate having knowledge of IRC code shall be given the preference
- Experience in open foundations, pile and well foundations.
- Experience in working on software related to civil engineering design of Bridges.
Skills and competencies
- Strong commercial acumen and a deep understanding of Ramboll's customers, services and business model.
- Demonstrate confidence, maturity, professionalism and gravitas.
- Strong leadership skills, particularly, in terms of identifying and developing talent, coaching and setting direction.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong proponent of Ramboll’s vision, values and ethical standards.
- Good collaboration, negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong upward management skills - ability to report to a senior level and operate within a matrix structure.
Excellent English language skills.
Ostateczny termin 2019-04-08
Miejsce pracy Gurgaon