Ramboll are seeking a Business Controller to work in our Southampton office. The successful candidate will provide effective financial planning and analysis support to management (Team Leaders, Head of Departments, Divisional Directors, and Executives). This includes budgeting, forecasting, P&L analysis and management reporting.
Working under the guidance of the Finance Business Partner, the successful candidate will also work closely with Project Coordinators and Project Controllers to understand project performance and report on Business performance. Regional office visits will be required to discuss financial performance on an adhoc basis.
- Oversee Income Statement reporting (including Income Statement analysis)
- Prepare management reporting commentary for relevant stakeholders
- Manage the budgeting/forecasting process through consultation and review with management
- Proactively flag commercial issues to management and follow up on actions
- Perform root cause analysis (including Staff Costs, Margins, Billing Ratio/Non Productive time )
- Ad hoc financial reporting as required
- Build a close working relationship with business leaders (stakeholders)
- Attend management meetings where required and present financial results
Skills and capabilities:
- Strong academic background with a 2.1 or better in a relevant degree, Pass Finalist/Qualified ACA/CIMA or another relevant professional qualification in finance
- Proven commercial finance / business partnering experience within a consultancy (engineering consultancy experience is beneficial but not required)
- Good understanding of project accounting/financial/management accounting principles
- Robust analytical & modelling skills particularly using Excel
- Experience with Group ERP systems (Maconomy beneficial but not required)
- Able to prioritize and work to tight deadlines
- Strong verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good presentation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to engage with relevant stakeholders at all levels of the Business; remaining objective and preserving a strong sense of commercial awareness,
- Strong business judgment and good instincts
- Able to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively
- Ability to understand complex processes
Who we are
The UK’s 1,300 strong multi-disciplinary team spread across 16 offices trust in the power of design, together with human ingenuity and technological advancement to deliver insightful progressive solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Our grasp of commercial realities together with being great to work with, means we have teamed with many of the most known and reputed architects, contractors and consultancies around and have a firm appreciation of bringing together design, function and buildability.
We have a proven ability to perform in integrated teams and know how to ensure that what we design is what gets built. Our eclectic portfolio of world-class and award-winning projects is testament to the diversity and mix of skills and experiences of our people.
We are responsible for prestigious projects such as; the world’s largest telescope, the world’s largest cross laminated timer building, the world’s first tilting bridge, the creation of the world’s quietest and lowest vibration building, conserving the world’s only Tudor warship display and designing the UK’s tallest bridge.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 27 days holidays (prorated), private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Ostateczny termin 2019-02-27
Miejsce pracy Southampton