Air Quality Analyst
We invite you to bring your Strong technical programming skills gained through practical experience using languages and tools like Python, Perl, NCL and R into play as you will be conducting scientific investigations using advanced air quality and meteorological models . To succeed in this role you must have B.S. or M.S. in discipline relevant to air quality modeling such as atmospheric science, engineering, meteorology, chemistry or physics with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. . Are you our new Air Quality Analyst? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave an positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment department
As our new Air Quality Analyst, you will be working with air quality experts in Novato. The Novato office, just north of San Francisco, is the largest single photochemical modelling consultancy office in the world. We develop the publicly available Comprehensive Air Quality Model with extensions (CAMx) that is widely used around the world. The office also has deep expertise in preparing emission inventories, emission models, meteorological models and geographic information systems.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Conducting scientific investigations using advanced air quality and meteorological models
- Interpreting modeling results
- Developing new modeling tools
- Performing statistical and geospatial analyses of air quality data
- Research and analysis on environmental science, data and policy
- Preparing reports and communicating results to clients
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- B.S. or M.S. in discipline relevant to air quality modeling such as atmospheric science, engineering, meteorology, chemistry or physics with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proficiency in working in a Linux/Unix environment, including shell scripting
- Experience running and interpreting results from air quality/climate/meteorological models such as CAMx, CMAQ, WRF, GEOS-Chem, MOZART and AM3
- Experience with emission inventory development and analysis
- Experience with emissions modeling (e.g. running SMOKE or MEGAN)
- Familiarity with computer skills such as managing disk drives and data storage
- Familiarity with database programming
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: Strong technical programming skills gained through practical experience using languages and tools like Python, Perl, NCL and R Strong oral communication skills Excellent analytical and organizational skills Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Ramboll will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance
Ostateczny termin 2019-03-31
Miejsce pracy Novato, CA