Senior Fire Engineer
We are looking for a talented Fire Engineer at Senior / Principal level to join our team in Manchester which is currently working with a number of high profile architects on a strong portfolio of Local, National and International projects. The Fire Engineering team has a diverse workload covering education, health, infrastructure, energy and transport buildings, residential, commercial, cultural, sports and leisure work sectors amongst others. Ideally, we are looking for an engineer capable of successfully leading and managing projects to quality and financial systems, develops excellent relationships with Clients and the project team, has great design ability, and is ambitious to develop management skills.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,300 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Form part of the project team on a range of different projects, and being able to work self-reliantly with support by the wider fire engineering team as necessary
- Work on a diverse, exciting and range of projects from concept fire strategy development through to handing over projects in the built environment
- Understand and be learned to implement the principle of fire science on real projects via the engineering process (goals, objectives, building appraisal and hazards, design fire scenarios etc)
- Understand the total fire concept: from the client brief through to construction and operation
- Take a role in project management responsibilities on projects
- In collaboration with the rest of the design team develop and implement fire strategies
- Perform tasks ranging from undertaking individual risks assessments, fire engineered analysis including means of escape calculations and smoke modeling through to creating fire strategies for whole buildings and other structures and work safely on site to observe fire strategy implementation and understanding fire safety operations and management in buildings
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Degree in fire engineering or equivalent
- Typically, 2-5 years’ experience in a consultancy or similar environment
- Experience in delivering fire engineered solutions for UK based projects is desirable
- Be aware of appropriate legislation and design guidance for use in the UK
- Clearly understand the total fire concept: from the client brief through to construction and operation
- Possess excellent report writing and communication skills, be collaborative, be creative and engaging
- Have the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, working to tight deadlines and juggling multiple demands
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
You must have eligibility to work in the UK
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer
Ostateczny termin 2019-01-25
Miejsce pracy Manchester