Ramboll UK is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic intern to join their busy District Energy Team in Edinburgh.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
We are looking for a candidate to join our Edinburgh team, who will be actively contributing to exciting projects around the world.
We are proud to support our staff in furthering their education and technical skills, and are delighted to offer internship opportunities to assist you with your career development and give us both an opportunity to get to know each other ahead of graduate recruitment.
During your internship, we invite you to experience an environment characterised by creativity and insight and to bring to us new perspectives. In return, from us you will get the opportunity to work and develop your knowledge and skills by working as one of our trusted staff.
During your internship you will:
- Assist the team with identifying engineering solutions to our client’s problems
- Work with the team to communicate our solutions effectively
- Contribute to Ramboll culture and values, participating in team and company socials
- As an engineer starting their career you will be expected to support your team in their daily work
Required Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
The ideal candidate will:
- Be currently studying for an engineering degree and looking to pursue a career in the Energy sector with a drive to succeed in the industry and make a difference to society
- Have completed at least 3rd year of university
- Have an eye for detail
- Be able to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Be able to communicate and engage with the team, design partners and our clients
- Have an interest in district energy engineering
Skills you will acquire
At the end of your internship you will:
- Have insight into how Ramboll solves our client’s problems using technical excellence
- Be empowered to identify your own engineering solutions
- Enjoy being part of a team, meeting other interns and working in a busy engineering design office
- Have insight into the industry leading technical tools we use every day, and become proficient in their application
- Become a genuinely useful member of the team, supporting them and building your engineering expertise
As well as your CV we ask you to submit a short paper (maximum 500 words) based on the following title:
"Island communities face immense challenges in satisfying their energy needs whilst decarbonising their energy supply. Propose and discuss a possible energy strategy for an “off-grid” island off the coast of Scotland. Discuss some of the common issues island communities face in meeting their energy needs and suggest some innovative solutions to how these challenges can be overcome".
What we offer
This is a paid internship with an outstanding opportunity to begin and progress your career and will offer you an excellent experience working on large projects throughout the company.
The Ramboll company culture, which is evident from the first moment you step through the door, is based on open communication and the cherishing of innovation and proactivity. Our offices are open plan and our teams multi-disciplinary - with members from all levels, Graduate to Director - so in-depth involvement in projects is immediate. The company supports a wide range of other activities, such as sports groups, design presentations, charitable activities, competitions, excursions, talks by guest speakers and industry events.
- Location: Edinburgh
- Length of the placement: 6 months
- Start date: January 2019
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer
You must have the eligibility to work in the UK
Ostateczny termin 2018-10-15
Miejsce pracy Edinburgh (Castle Street)