Junior CAD Technician
Ramboll UK is offering an opportunity for a keen individual with a passion for design and a real interest in construction, to start a career as a CAD Technician in the building structures section of the Chester office. This position would suit either a school/college leaver or someone with 1 or 2 years relevant experience.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. We employ 12,800 experts and have a strong presence in the Nordics, North America, the UK, Continental Europe, Middle East and India, supplemented by a significant representation in Asia, Australia, South America and Sub-Saharan Africa. With almost 300 offices in 35 countries we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. Ramboll works across the markets: Buildings, Transport, Environment, Energy, Oil & Gas and Management Consulting.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Assist Engineers and Technicians in producing high quality 3D models and 2D engineering drawings, as well as document control in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing and collating technical data to support projects, these include specifications and reports.
- Work effectively within a team of Technicians and assist Engineers carrying out site surveys/inspections.
- Work to company expectations with regards to health and safety, quality and training.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Possess minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above or equivalent (including one or more in Maths, Science and Design and Technology).
- Highly motivated and work well within a team.
- Be computer literate and be able to use Microsoft Office. Some experience in AutoCAD or Google SketchUp or Revit would be an advantage but not essential.
- Have a keen interest in construction and buildings in particular.
What The Successful Candidate Will Be Able To Expect
- Experience of working in a dynamic multi-discipline Consulting Engineer’s office within an overall 100 strong team, currently working on a variety of projects across the UK and internationally.
- Ramboll will make allowance for the candidate to complete a BTEC National Diploma/Certificate or NVQ 3 in Civil Engineering on a day release basis.
- Gain an understanding of basic principles, terms and procedures and practices of Structural Engineering in various materials from steel to concrete.
- Will gain an understanding of Ramboll CAD standards and procedures.
- Will develop the ability to produce 3D models and accurate 2D Engineering drawings using a variety of software.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities.
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK.
- High level of exposure to international expertise in the sector and opportunity to work on international projects.
Ramboll UK Limited is an equal opportunity employer
You must have eligibility to work in the UK
Ostateczny termin 2018-09-29
Miejsce pracy Chester