Principal Engineer, Civil Structures/Marine team
Ramboll are currently seeking a Principal Civil Marine Engineer to work in our Marine team in Edinburgh.
Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects. From feasibility studies, assessments and research, through planning and negotiations, to construction and operations, Ramboll provides unparalleled experience in this sector. We design a variety of national and international ports, harbours, marinas and innovative marine structures as well as major bridge and road infrastructure and landmark buildings.
- Will be responsible for managing the production of technical design information including reports, drawings and specifications for the infrastructure associated projects.
- Working directly with key customers to identify needs for solutions and delivery of such solution.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, whilst also managing and supporting the supervision of junior team members.
- Expected to carry out technical reviews and the checking of design information and reports prepared by other engineers in the team.
- Assist with the production of proposals for new commissions, and undertaking project management and financial control of small to medium sized projects.
- Coaching colleagues with less consultant experience.
- Planning and developing project deliverables with unique or controversial problems
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the design and project management of port and marine infrastructure projects and will be responsible for the production of detailed design information, technical reports, drawings, tender documents and specifications.
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction.
- Initiates and generates activity with commitment and engagement, taking responsibility for actions, projects and people.
- Demonstrate experience and proficiency of industry standard software including AutoCAD, Civils 3D etc. and act as a technical mentor to junior team members.
- Demonstrate experience using design standards such as BS6349, PIANC Guides and BSEN Standards (Reinforced Concrete and Steel)
- The candidate will also be expected to take an active role in driving Technical Excellence within the team, and wider Group, which will involve developing and leading in the following areas:-
- Strengthening BIM/3D Modelling skills and expanding the team portfolio
- Improving efficiency through use of engineering software
- Sharing technical knowledge between Edinburgh and Southampton and our other regional offices
- Awareness of industry standards and their influence on Ramboll
- Improving quality of the team output including drawings, models, reports, specifications
- Expanding our portfolio in 3D utilities coordination
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Ostateczny termin 2018-10-19
Miejsce pracy Edinburgh