Surveyor, Bridges team
Ramboll are seeking a Surveyor to join our team in Southampton. This is a 6 month fixed term position, however could be open to extension. You will be working with the Geomatics team in a worldwide, multi-disciplinary company. We pride ourselves upon being able to provide the widest possible range of services. We work on a wide variety of projects, in an even wider variety of environments around the Globe.
In addition to the use of the latest technology to provide the most accurate data possible, we feel that it is important not to forget the more traditional surveying methods. As such we possess many years’ experience of combining traditional and state-of-the-art surveying methods to suit both the needs of the Client and the Project. Our flexibility of approach enables us to consistently deliver the best possible product to our clients.
Due to an increase in workload we are looking to recruit a keen, progressive, versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to their role to provide support to the team as workload dictates. An individual who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly and accurately and on time which may include working outside of normal office hours.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be supporting the delivery of major projects or a range of smaller ones requiring specialist input, and providing the day-to-day client interface, conducting site visits for technical assessment or problem-solving
- You will also be contributing to the delivery of innovative solutions for clients, and ensuring that costs are managed and controlled to ensure the achievement of project profitability
- You will have the chance to pro-actively identify business development opportunities with existing and new clients and escalate for action
- Deliver potentially complex tasks and projects within prescribed Timescales
- Due to the type of work involved the applicant must be willing and able to work away from home, for the duration of the survey whether this is in the UK or overseas
- Strong leadership and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Clear understanding of IT applications
- Self-motivated with good time-management skills and the ability to use your initiative and ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner whilst on site
- Experience in the use of a range of surveying equipment, techniques and data processing
- A good understanding of 3D geometry modelling would be advantageous
- You must have a full clean UK driving licence
- Due to the frequent on-site work the person must be able to demonstrate the technical competence, self-reliance and motivation necessary when dealing with clients and public, or in resolving problems that arise
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays (prorated), private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Ostateczny termin 2018-10-19
Miejsce pracy Southampton