Senior Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer - Cambridge
We are looking for a talented Structural Engineer at Senior level to join our Building Structures team in Cambridge. Our Cambridge office have worked on multi-award winning projects and continue to attract and retain excellent staff to work on our exiting range of varied projects. From low vibration laboratories to low carbon structures – we approach engineering differently and apply our design flair to every stage of a project.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,300 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Agree design philosophy/design fundamentals
- Exercise design management and delivery to the highest standards, demonstrating all round technical competence and financial awareness
- Supervise a small team of engineers and technicians, reviewing and commenting on the deliverables produced at key stages through a project
- Liaise with clients, identifying their needs and presenting our solutions.
- Prepare client and project proposals
- Promote Business Development through a network of contacts, and be ambassador of the company
- Take an active role in technical groups and team meetings, and set an example to all staff
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Chartered with demonstrable experience
- Be an excellent communicator capable of explaining complex engineering principles in plain language, both verbally and in writing
- Have a commercial understanding of an engineering consultancy as a business.
- Have a track record of working on varied and complex buildings
- Experience in the design of the primary construction materials (steel, concrete, timber, masonry) and have a good general knowledge of building construction
- Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for projects and meet agreed deadlines
- Ability to manage the design and construction stages of a project
- Be competent at influencing people (staff, clients, and design team members)
- Be proactive in addressing problem issues, presenting and pushing solutions
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
You must have eligibility to work in the UK
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer
Ostateczny termin 2018-09-29
Miejsce pracy Cambridge