Senior Electrical Engineer
We are looking for a motivated and creative Senior Electrical Engineer to join our new Building Services team within our busy Cambridge Buildings office. This is an exciting position with great opportunities for a talented candidate to take a key role in supporting the team leader in building a new team, expand the capability in mechanical and electrical engineering in Cambridge, and help to broaden and strengthen our Cambridge client base.
Our Cambridge Buildings team is well established and has an enviable reputation in world class projects. It is growing to incorporate building services design; we will offer multi-disciplinary consultancy to our clients built on the foundations of the established team of structural, civil and acoustic engineers who have been serving our clients here from Cambridge since 2000.
This position offers the right candidate excellent career progression and personal development potential. The ideal candidate will be technically well rounded and able to lead projects, managing MEP resources and meeting clients.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivery of design information packages on time
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and manage work on projects or programmes
- Perform complex analysis using computer modelling
- Apply judgement in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of standard techniques
- Undertake project research including surveys and inspections
- Prepare bid and contract documentation
- Undertake the project manager role for single discipline projects
- Represent Ramboll at external client meetings
- Understanding of financial arrangements for projects including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation
- Monitor actual project costs against target costs and administer change control procedures in accordance with agreed scope of service
- Provide electrical design expertise for the Cambridge office, work collaboratively with our team in Cambridge in order to deliver projects and keep professional development up to date
Professional Membership and Qualifications
- Relevant degree in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Chartered Engineer or will have gained sufficient experience to obtain full membership of an appropriate professional institution
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Solid technical knowledge of Electrical Engineering and general understanding of other building services disciplines and multi-disciplinary design
- Previous experience of BIM and ability to oversee the production of design information with Revit is essential.
- Experience of higher education, residential and laboratory projects would be beneficial
- Able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident, professional and able to negotiate positive outcomes with clients and staff when required.
- Possess skills and aptitude to provide guidance, instruct, motivate, and manage junior colleagues
- Be able to interface comfortably with clients
- Demonstrate pride in their work, through high quality and accurate timely delivery
- Be able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure timescales are met
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also seek assistance when required
- Willingness to develop personal skills and basic knowledge in other engineering disciplines
- Willingness to share knowledge and help junior team members develop
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer
You must have the eligibility to work in the UK
Ostateczny termin 2018-10-19
Miejsce pracy Cambridge