Design Engineer - Electrical - MEP
Job posting Title
Design Engineer - Electrical - MEP
Your responsibilities as Design Engineer
Design Engineer shall co-ordinate with Project Manager and Senior Engineer/Technical Manager/Principal Engineer and be primarily involved in delivering the scheduled tasks in the form of design calculations and drawings. Expected to be a good team player within the design team, the Design Engineer will:
- Manage major aspects of the electrical design of projects.
- Be responsible to both the Project Manager and the Senior Engineer/Technical Manager/Principal Engineer for the organization, production, and quality of work.
- Act as Electrical Lead/Sub-lead, depending on the scope of the project.
- Coordinate design efforts with all other groups, and maintain project records.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards and procedures.
- Prepare and participate in design reviews.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Design of Low Voltage Switchboards and LV sub-mains cabling, distribution and Containment
- Design of Power distribution to mechanical and public health equipment
- Design of Emergency power systems (Diesel Generator and UPS) and Small power
- Design of Earthing and bonding installations
- Design of Lightning protection, Lighting, Lighting control and Emergency lighting
- Safety installations and Security installations
You and your competencies
- Must possess B.Tech/ M.Tech in Electrical Engineering with 4 to 8 years of professional experience in the relevant field.
- Must possess the ability to develop complex designs, drawings and calculations with minimal guidance from other senior staff
- Must possess sound knowledge on understanding aspects of Design Basis Reports, electrical single line diagram & short circuit calculations etc.
- Should have knowledge of any soft wares such as ABBdoc, Siemaris, ECOdial or EDSA Paladin, Amtech / ETAP, HEVACOMP, Dialux , MagicCAD for AutoCAD – 3D, REVIT MEP / NAVISWORKS
- Preferably should have exposure to International codes and standards such as Euro Codes/ BS Coded etc.
- Must possess electrical design experience in the engineering service like: Office, Residential, Commercial, sports facilities etc.
- Should be passionate about engineering with an attitude of absolute intolerance for non-compliance in relation to people safety, environment or product quality.
- Should have flexible attitude, in an environment with frequently changing deadlines and can be relied on to meet deadlines.
- Should be committed to both their work and personal development, with a willingness to widen their experience and knowledge base.
- Must possess professional English language skills (written and verbal).
- Should be able to communicate clearly with drafting team by sketches.
- Should be able to work in a team and support, mentor and develop junior engineers
Join the REC team
REC is a world class, innovation driven engineering design centre owned by an independent trust and its employees. REC is a highly sophisticated centre of engineering excellence and based in our India head office in Gurgaon. Working in partnership with all our established offices globally, the Ramboll Engineering Centre (REC) is a centre for excellence in design by offering optimized solutions to the rest of the organization.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact recruitment lead.
If you are interested in applying, please send your mail through our online recruitment system by clicking the link ‘apply’ below. Please send your application at the earliest.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company globally with especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. We employ 13,000 experts and we constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower people within our organisation, welcome individual differences and create multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions. Ramboll works across the markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy, Oil & Gas, Telecoms and Management Consulting.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse –we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.
Ostateczny termin 2018-10-30
Miejsce pracy Gurgaon