Environmental Engineering Consultant - Arlington, VA
We invite you to bring your strong analytical abilities into play as you conduct research and assist with technical analyses of environmental issues. To succeed in this role, you must have a Bachelor or Master of Science in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a relevant field. Are you our new Environmental Engineering Consultant? Click the apply button to submit your application.
Join our Environment & Health department
As our new Entry-Level or Mid-Level Environmental Engineering Consultant, you will be part of a dynamic team providing state-of-the-art scientific, technical, and strategic risk management assistance to an international client base.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Conducting research and otherwise assisting with technical analyses of issues related to human exposure to contaminants in the environment;
- Modeling the fate and transport of contaminants in the environment;
- Evaluating, selecting, and designing remediation and pollution control technologies;
- Researching and understanding historical manufacturing operations, and assessing the risks to human health and the environment from current and historical operations and accidental releases from industrial facilities;
- Critically reviewing, abstracting, and summarizing regulatory requirements for all areas of environmental compliance (e.g., scientific articles, Federal regulations);
- Conducting environmental assessments of industrial properties, commercial and residential developments, undeveloped properties, and hazardous waste sites; and
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications: Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, or PhD in Chemical, Environmental, Civil Engineering, or relevant field is required
- 0-5 years of related experience desired
- Experience with environmental fate and transport modelling, document database management, GIS, environmental or human health risk assessment, environmental sampling, or environmental due diligence are desired
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical persons
- Experience with PC-based and network applications software
- Willingness to travel
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Ostateczny termin 2019-08-31
Miejsce pracy Arlington, VA