Senior Civil Engineer
Ramboll have an internationally respected maritime team who operate widely in the UK, and beyond. With our UK maritime centre of excellence based in Southampton and Edinburgh we undertake national and international port and marine projects.
Due to continuing growth in Scotland and northern England we are seeking to recruit an experienced senior civil marine, ports and harbours works designer, to assist in the management, implementation, and procurement of maritime projects from a base within our growing Edinburgh team.
You’ll be joining a large combined team of committed and self-driven professionals in a company with ambitious growth plans which is at the forefront of engineering excellence and that is responsible for some of the most interesting maritime projects in the UK and overseas. We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary along with great training and development opportunities.
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and manage work on projects or programmes
- Perform detailed analysis using computer modelling; making, reading, and interpreting technical material
- Apply judgement in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of standard techniques
- Project Manager role for projects and expected to represent Ramboll at external client meetings
- Understanding of financial arrangements for projects including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation
- Understanding of different procurement and contractual arrangements for projects
- Monitor actual project costs against target costs and administer change control procedures in accordance with agreed scope of service
- Attend team meetings providing feedback on your/company development
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and training
- Understanding of the company business plan, and assistance with the preparation of the team business plan, current and future priorities, and of specific objectives which are applicable to own role and project work
- Contribute to the development of company procedures by taking an active role in task groups
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience from a multi-disciplinary environment, working on D&B/ECI contracts
- Marine experience is preferable but not essential
- Good design experience in concrete and steel structures
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Good degree in Civil engineering (or equivalent) ideally with Civil Engineering MEng
- Chartered Engineer (or near chartered) with appropriate experience
- Willing to develop both professionally and personally with an inclination to widen their knowledge, skills and experience.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Ostateczny termin 2018-10-19
Miejsce pracy Edinburgh